Thursday, June 3, 2010

Just Add Stitching


What a cool challenge....Just Add STITCHING!!!! This is one of my 1st cards that I've done stitching on - hang on - um...I think its my 1st one! Either way it was fun to do!

I cut the 5 strips of beautiful Bella Rose DSP - stuck them onto a piece of card - making sure I only used Adhesive in the middle of each strip so that the sewing needle doesn't go through any sticky adhesive. I then sewed with machine down each strip and around the edges.

Next, I put my paneled piece onto a piece of Basic Black and attached that to a Glossy White card with Dimensionals.

The ribbon - Whisper White Taffeta - has a running stitch through the middle of it (done on machine too) and then pulled to gather it up. I fiddled until I had the look I wanted. I adhered it with Sticky Strip.

And of course I LOVE HODGEHODGE!!!!!!

I actually only had one of the bird punched out and a few of the leaves but they were in the wrong colour.....never fear - I sponged over the So Saffron with Basic Black and Kiwi Kiss!

I love the colours of this card and I'm really happy with how it turned out! I'd love to know what you think of it too! Thanks for popping by!

Check out the other Design Teams projects over at Just Add Ink.

cardstock: glossy white, whisper white and basic black
ink: basic black (kiwi kiss for emergency cover-up!)
paper: bella rose
taffeta ribbon, crystal effects, hodgepodge hardeware, extra large two-step bird punch, cotton,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Really love reading your comments - thanks for taking the time! Tania

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...