Thursday, April 22, 2010

Just Add Ink # 14 - VINTAGE


JUST ADD.....VINTAGE!!!
My inspiration came from reading lots of old-fashioned books and tried to replicate a ladies "Hat Box".......I'm really happy with what I've done this week.

I couldn't get the flower colours right until I stumbled across a little technique that I'm super happy with.
- I stamped the rose in Pale Plum but wasn't happy with how pale and plain it looked, so instead of using a marker to add colour to the edges or edging the stamp in another colour, I inked a Sponge with Rich Razzleberry and inked the outer edges of the rose with that and then stamped. The effect was amazing - I wasn't expecting it. The two colours seemed to blend perfectly and gave a real soft effect. The top layer of the rose is Rich Razzleberry but stamped off once on scrap paper (versamark first then Heat and Stick powder then Dazzling Diamonds). Anyway, super happy with the effect I made with the two colours and using a sponge to do an effect similar to "rock'n'roll".
The Naturals Ivory cardstock got severely crumpled up into a ball several times and rubbed between my fingers to age it "100 years"! I then straightened it all out and was impressed how it actually looked like calico material in the end! I also aged the ribbon by soaking in Parisian Essense (then coffee cos I ran out of Parisian!)


PAPERS/CARDSTOCK: Bella Bleu DSP, Naturals Ivory, Very Vanilla
STAMPS: A Rose Is A Rose, All A Flutter (Autumn/Winter Mini)
INKPADS: Pale Plum, Rich Razzleberry,
Eyelet Border Punch, Sanding Block, Whisper White Taffeta ribbon

4 comments:

  1. It's really beautiful Tania, and very inspiring! I definitely think that you have captured the look of a lady's hat box. Isn't it exciting when you discover that certain colours work well together. Beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this little purse it is just so adorable. Thanks for sharing.

    Liam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your purse is so soft and pretty. I love that you have used some colour and created such an elegant project.

    ReplyDelete

Really love reading your comments - thanks for taking the time! Tania

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...