Friday, August 20, 2010

Just Add Ink #31 - Colour Challenge


Colour Challenge time at Just Add Ink! Now this challenge - was so difficult for me. I don't really know why, but I just couldn't get it to work but I stuck with it and I'm really happy with what I ended up with. There is something resembling a christmas card that I made for this challenge earlier butit didn't make the cut in the end - no amount of bling could save it!!!


I have used Kraft as the base and Chocolate Chip as back mounted piece to another piece of Kraft.
Stamped in Chocolate Chip are the little branches from "Embrace Life" and then I used my old forgotten chalks to colour the flower buds. I wasn't overly particular, just rubbed on some Real Red chalk and done (gotta be careful at this stage that it doesn't smudge too much).
I fiddled with the 1" Double Stitched Grosgrain Chocolate Chip ribbon in my attempt to reproduce what I call a "Danielle-Daws-Bow" - you gotta check out her ribbons and added a bit of Hemp Twine.
The sentiment has been stamped in Versamark, then in Real Red and heated Clear Embossing Powder to give it that "pop-factor"!

I have used Chocolate Chip and Kraft on the inside of the card and left it black.

Anyways...hope you like!!!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Tania as always I love your cards. I was just now stuck with an idea for adding something to my ribbon and by checking out your post I got the idea (for another time) to use twine, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS. love the simplicity of it - but it still looks awesome
    Gardenia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one didn't need any 'bling'!! I'll have to get the dust off my tin of chalks. They look great on the Kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I think it's beautiful. I didn't realise it was chalk you used to colour the flowers - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Really love reading your comments - thanks for taking the time! Tania

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...